FIELD MARKETING MANAGER
LOCATION: NYC OR ATLANTA
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for driving demand through field programs to support revenue goals for regional sales teams. He/She needs to be able to translate strategic directions into regional based tactical marketing and lead generation campaigns and keeping abreast of the latest B2B Marketing innovations. This position will develop and drive marketing programs that generate quality pipeline, move prospects through the sales cycle and build customer intimacy. The Field Marketing Manager acts as the point person for outside, inside and partner sales teams. He/She is responsible for gathering and reporting regional customer intelligence to their sales and marketing teams, and using market analysis to tailor future activities. Other duties include developing marketing plans; monitoring budgets; forecasting, evaluating and measuring marketing campaigns; increasing local awareness; managing vendor contracts and relationships. This is an ideal position for candidates who enjoy working with people, are analytical yet creative, ambitious, and willing to infuse marketing campaigns with their energy and intellect, and who are looking for the right platform to showcase their abilities.
Take ownership of field programs from inception to end results: understand field needs, define program and success measurement, create content or define content needs, ensure alignment with global objectives, and deliver all aspects of the program locally.
- Demand generation – utilization of a full range of marketing tools to develop and run creative, effective, lead producing, demand generation programs.
- Lead flow and qualification – work collaboratively with marketing operations to define, tweak, and implement agreed upon lead flow, staging, and scoring best practices.
- Brand awareness – lead regional marketing awareness programs through conferences, speaking opportunities and tradeshows – coordinating event venues, speakers, logistics, surveys, operations, and lead flow.
- Content writing – create content for campaign distribution such as emails (subject lines and email content), landing page contents and calls to action in all relevant channels.
- Regional Rock-Stars – identify and include in your tactical mix activities with industry relevant, and well-known thought leaders.
- Accountability – Responsibility for execution of all above mentioned activities on time and on budget.
Reporting & Metrics:
- Management of regional marketing calendar and alignment with corporate and partner programs.
- Maintenance of regional programs budgets.
- Understanding, tracking and managing lead-flow from programs both directly through SFDC and through external TM team to ensure leads are followed-up effectively, and providing reporting on the results.
- Providing effective progress updates and reporting to management and internal customers.
- Creation of quarterly marketing plans which include the development of campaigns, promotions and incentive programs to meet customer retention, lead gen, and brand awareness goals within region.
- Development of a strong relationship between marketing and the sales leadership within your region to ensure that marketing spend and programs support and fully align with both BU and regional sales objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing to understand all product related priorities and communication objectives and be the advocate for these initiatives in-region.
- Serve as the regional ambassador when liaising with corporate stakeholders and PR teams to ensure regional awareness goals are met including the facilitation of PR and social media activities.
- A proven track record of lead and demand generation strategy and execution within the high-tech environment.
- Experience in integrated, multichannel B2B marketing.
- Experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM).
- Experience in working with creative teams: ability to script and write a proper brief.
- Organized, autonomous, thorough, attention to detail and execution oriented, and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Robust knowledge of CRM systems (SFDC preferred), familiarity with marketing automation tools (HubSpot preferred) and lead scoring.
- Must have the motivation to become a company and regional expert and eager to obtain the required knowledge.
- Both a team player and a self-starter, with a strong drive and goal orientated approach.
3 years of direct B2B marketing experience.
Must have robust work experience in the high-tech industry.
Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing.